Friday is Changelog day! We'll keep you up-to-date with product and documentation changes on a regular basis.
- Potentially my favorite project of 2022 -- @rawkode; in a hands-on preview of Namespace in Rawkode Live!
- Added a new Starting from scratch guide.
- Documented many of the core concepts, Applications and Servers, Resources and Workspaces and Packages.
- A special thank you to Ferenc who is our first major external contributor!
ns: Simplified use of
ingress, added ability to manage rbac using resources, and more.
We'd love your help! Follow us on Twitter for updates, star us on Github or join the team on Discord.
Hands-on introduction to Namespace
I spent some time with @rawkode walking through Namespace; had a ton of fun. We walked through the project background and where we're headed.
We keep extending our documentation. Based on community feedback we've added a Starting from scratch guide, and there are more coming.
We're now up to
ns 0.0.103 (from
0.0.91 in the last Changelog). A major
thank you to Ferenc who contribute two of the
- You can now manage additional Kubernetes RBAC configurations your server may need using Namespace.
- You can now set secrets for servers you use that are outside of your
workspace. This makes it simpler to use servers that are defined under
foundationor other repositories.
- A new environment can now be created from
- Services can now attach exec-based probes (previously only http probes were supported).
- You can now refer to individual tests using
- We now perform stricter service name validation during planning, so invalid names surface as errors before we start deploying.ß
- The redis package has been updated with a readiness probe. Using redis in tests is now more deterministic.
- Resource classes can now configure a default provider.
- The managed ingress block displayed at the end of a deployment would sometimes show an empty checkbox, that's now been fixed.
- ns test didn't respect
--parallel_work=false, now it does.
We've also been working on a few new features that we'll be announcing soon...
If you’d like to check out what Namespace has to offer, schedule a demo! We use these sessions to learn about your pain points, and are happy to provide advice based on what our expertise and infrastructure in the market.